How does pregnancy happen?
How does pregnancy happen?
Pregnancy is one of the important processes that a woman goes through during some period of her life, as pregnancy is the period during which the fetus is present in the mother’s womb, from the fertilization and fertilization of the egg until its growth and development into a fetus and the completion of the birth process, where pregnancy occurs through relationship The intimate relationship that takes place between a man and a woman, where during this relationship the male gametes produced by the man unite with the female gametes produced by the woman, as the man produces a large number of sperms during this process and these sperms accelerate in order to complete the process of fertilization and fertilization, and only one of them can These sperms are able to reach the egg for fertilization and fertilization, and once the egg is fertilized and fertilized, it is implanted into the lining of the woman’s uterus after increasing its thickness and preparing it with the capillaries in order to receive the fertilized egg, which grows into a fetus that passes through several stages in the mother’s womb until the birth process takes place.
When is the first week of pregnancy calculated?
The first week of pregnancy is calculated from the first day of the woman’s last menstrual period, as the first day of this last menstrual cycle is considered the first day in the first week of pregnancy, and this is done in the case of the regularity of the woman’s menstrual cycle, as there is no specific time or date Through it, it is possible to know the exact date on which the woman ovulates, and therefore it is not possible to know the exact date in which the pregnancy process took place, but doctors and medical workers depend on the date of the woman’s last menstrual period and it is based on this date as the first day of pregnancy It is the first day of the last menstrual cycle that a woman has, and many women prefer to calculate the first days of pregnancy by knowing the days of ovulation or the process of ovulation for her, as the ovulation period for a woman begins two weeks after the first day of the woman’s last menstrual period, but When relying on the first day of a woman's last menstrual period, this leads to an increase in the number of weeks of pregnancy.
Calculating pregnancy when menstruation is irregular
One of the important things before planning for pregnancy or for the woman is to make sure that the menstrual cycle and ovulation are regular, as the woman may suffer from a problem in the hormones or in the reproductive system, which causes problems in the menstrual cycle is what may affect pregnancy in the future, and the most prominent of these problems are The inability of the woman to determine the gestational age or know the date on which the months and weeks of pregnancy will be determined, as it is not possible to determine the first day of the woman’s last menstrual period and therefore the actual date of pregnancy cannot be known, and in this case, it is possible to resort to some methods by which to know Gestational age without resorting to the last menstrual period, such as knowing the size of the uterus and the length of the uterine fundus, as well as imaging using ultrasound and other scientific methods.
Methods for calculating the date of conception
There are some ways by which a woman’s pregnancy history can be calculated and followed up. These methods are considered scientific methods that are guaranteed that most doctors use to ascertain the gestational age or determine if the dates of the menstrual cycle are not known or irregular:
- Ultrasound: This test is also called coronary breech length measurement, and it is a method used by doctors to know the gestational age of a woman by measuring the length of the fetus from the head to the buttock area using ultrasound, it is worth mentioning that this method is used by some doctors in Routine in all cases, while others use it in certain cases, such as irregular menstruation in women and thus fail to determine the gestational age or the presence of a history of repeated miscarriages or pregnancy problems, as well as when the woman is over 35 years old.
- Uterine fundal length: It is one of the most important ways by which the gestational age can be determined. The doctor tracks the length of the uterine fundus when the pregnant woman goes for a follow-up. This length is measured by measuring the distance between the pubic bone and the apex of the uterus, which of course differs when the pregnancy progresses.
- Characteristics of pregnancy periods: where the doctor can rely on the characteristics and issues of each stage of pregnancy in determining the gestational age, for example, it is possible to rely on the movement of the fetus that appears in the eighteenth and twenty-two weeks of pregnancy, and it is also possible to rely on the pulse of the fetus, which often appears In the ninth and tenth weeks of pregnancy.
- The size of the uterus: It is one of the important things through which the gestational age can be calculated upon clinical and internal examination by the doctor because the size of the uterus varies according to the gestational age.
Why is pregnancy calculated in weeks?
We often note that the most accurate calculation of the dates of pregnancy and expected birth is by calculating the gestational age in weeks and not in months, and the reason for this is that one month may be a few days more than the four weeks in the month of pregnancy since the month of pregnancy must be four Only weeks, so it is recommended to leave or reduce a whole week after the first day of the last menstrual cycle for a woman before calculating the gestational age, as there is no specific time or date by which it is possible to know the exact date in which the ovulation process takes place in a woman, so a date is used The last menstrual period is based on which the gestational age is calculated in weeks.
Pregnancy weeks calculator
With the tremendous technological progress that we are accompanying, it has become possible to calculate pregnancy weeks, ovulation days and many other things with ease through various applications that can be downloaded on mobile phones, among the most important of these applications are the following:
- TebBaby application: It is one of the applications useful in determining the weeks of pregnancy, as it tracks the dates of pregnancy in months as well as weeks, and it helps to provide many tips that women need at each stage of pregnancy, and this application also allows to take some notes on it for easy reference, In addition, this application is important in determining the date of birth, as it uses the countdown timer to determine the date of birth and is also used after birth to help monitor the condition of the infant.
- Flo health& Period tracker & My ovulation calendar application: This application is also one of the best applications that have received a great evaluation by many women as it helps in evaluating and calculating the gestational age in weeks and even days, as well as it is important in determining the date of birth in addition to that This application is important to know the dates of ovulation in a woman and the appropriate dates for pregnancy and fertilization of the egg.
Pregnancy calculator in months
We also know that the gestational age is determined in weeks rather than in months, because one month may be a few days longer than the four weeks in the month of pregnancy, since the month of pregnancy should be only four weeks, and the number of weeks of a normal pregnancy in a woman is estimated between Approximately 38 to 40 weeks when calculating the gestational age from the first day of a woman’s last menstrual period, the number of gestational weeks is 40, while in the case of calculating pregnancy from the day of ovulation, i.e. two weeks after a woman’s last menstrual period, the number of gestational weeks is 38 Week The following are the months of pregnancy and the weeks that they include:
- The first month: from the first week to the fourth week.
- The second month: from the fifth week to the eighth week.
- The third month: from the ninth week to the twelfth week.
- Fourth month: From the thirteenth week to the sixteenth week.
- Fifth month: From the seventeenth week to the twentieth week.
- Sixth month: From the twenty-first week to the twenty-fourth week.
- The seventh month: from the twenty-fifth week to the twenty-eighth week.
- The eighth month: from the twenty-ninth week to the thirty-second week.
- The ninth month: from the thirty-third week to the thirty-sixth week.
- The tenth month: from the thirty-seventh week to the fortieth week.
Reasons for more weeks of pregnancy than normal
We also know that the number of weeks of normal pregnancy ranges from 38 to 40 weeks approximately, and this depends on whether the pregnancy was calculated from the last menstrual period or according to the date of ovulation, and sometimes some women may exceed this period as their pregnancy period may reach 42 Approximately a week, and this may be due to a range of reasons such as a previous history of increased pregnancy weeks in the previous pregnancy, or the woman’s weight gain as obesity plays a large role in increasing the number of weeks of pregnancy, also the first pregnancy of a woman tends to be longer in duration Likewise, pregnancy in a male affects the number of weeks of pregnancy sometimes to become more.
Calculating the date of birth is one of the important matters that must be calculated by the pregnant woman to prepare the birth requirements as well as prepare the mother psychologically for this date. We also know that the number of weeks of normal pregnancy ranges between 38 to 40 weeks or approximately 280 days in particular, and this depends on whether the pregnancy was calculated from the last menstrual period or according to the date of ovulation, and sometimes some women may exceed this period as Her pregnancy period may reach approximately 42 weeks, so determining the date of birth is often not accurate, but this date can be calculated by calculating the number of weeks of pregnancy from the first day of the woman’s last menstrual period, where after this day, nine months and a week are added approximately, and the result is a date Natural childbirth, and this appointment can also be determined through some tests such as ultrasound, as well as using some of the previously mentioned applications.
In conclusion, we have answered the question when is the first week of pregnancy calculated? We also learned the most important information about calculating pregnancy in weeks as well as months, as well as how to determine the date of birth and the applications used in that, and much other information on this subject in detail.