Infections that may affect the mother after childbirth may cause the mother great risks that may lead to death, and therefore it is necessary to sterilize all medical tools in addition to using antibiotics after the vaginal resection, and the most important of these antibiotics are:
- Fusidin cream: This cream is also called sodium fusidate cream, and it is one of the types of antibiotics that work to prevent and impede the growth and reproduction of bacteria. Remember, it is safe after birth for a breastfeeding mother.
- MEBO Cream: It is one of the best pain-relieving creams, used to treat wounds and scars, as it contributes to accelerating the healing of cells. It is made of natural materials that contain elements that contribute to the natural re-growth of cells and the speed of their recovery. This ointment consists of sesame oil and beeswax, and it is suitable for preventing The multiplication of bacteria and fungi and the protection of the sensitive area from infections.
- Kina Comp Cream: This cream, with its components, contributes to the prevention of itching associated with surgical incisions and protects the area from infection. It is also effective in eliminating germs, and preventing infection with types of fungi that affect the vaginal area.
How to use the cream after childbirth
The cream is used three to four times a day or as directed by the doctor, by following the following steps:
- Open the package and make sure it is not used yet and check its expiry date.
- Wash hands before using the cream and dry them well.
- Apply a thin layer of the cream and spread it on the affected area.
- Keep the ointment away from the eyes and wash them immediately if the cream gets into them.
- If the wound must be covered, it is preferable to cover it.
Home remedies for vaginal stitches
A woman can feel some swelling after childbirth, which are normal things that may be annoying or painful. There are home methods to relieve stitches, including:
- Use of ice packs: for a period of 10 to 20 minutes, because it contributes to relieving pain and swelling, but you should not put ice packs for more than 20 minutes because it may affect the nerve endings in the area.
- Use of bowel laxatives: to facilitate defecation and avoid constipation, in order to avoid tightening and pressure on the area, which may increase the accompanying pain.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the perineum area: using lukewarm water lotions, cleaning and drying the area, and applying cream on it. It is also preferable to use the sitting bathroom because it prevents contamination of the area.
- Get enough rest: for a period of no less than two weeks after birth, and avoid difficult exercises or harsh movements that may cause tearing of the perineum area.
- Stay away from everything that irritates the area: such as salt baths, or the use of medical powder and perfumed tissues, and marital relations should be avoided until complete recovery, in addition to the use of vaginal washes, which may cause irritation and pain in the area.
What are the complications of perineal rupture?
- Third-degree vaginal tears: This is when the incision extends to include all tissues in the perineum and reaches the muscles around the anus.
- Fourth degree vaginal tears: These include tears in the anal muscles and the tissues around them.
Symptoms of infection after suturing the vagina
A woman should contact her doctor if she notices that she has any of the following signs, such as:
- Its high temperature.
- The discharge of pus, pain and an unpleasant smell from the vagina.
- Non-healing sutures and swollen sutures.
- Inability to control bowel or fecal incontinence.
- Inability to control urine, increased frequency of urination, or severe pain while urinating.
- Large blood clots coming out of the vagina.
- Severe pain in the lower abdomen, pelvis, or vaginal area.
Prevention of vaginal rupture during natural childbirth
- Commit to practicing Kegel exercises during the ninth month of pregnancy, which aims to increase the flexibility and strength of the uterine and pelvic muscles.
- Eat a healthy diet and do light exercise during pregnancy.
- Maintain as much as possible a healthy weight gain during pregnancy.
- Putting warm water compresses on the perineum when childbirth approaches, to increase its flexibility and ability to expand.
In conclusion, through the previous article, the best antibiotic for sewing after childbirth was identified, and it was found that there are three types of useful creams in order to prevent bacterial and bacterial infections in the perineum area after natural childbirth, and the most important ways to prevent vaginal lacerations were identified. during natural childbirth.